10 March 2012

(Belated) - Feb.2012 comics meetup...

Colin Wilson mentioned to me ( at last weekend's Big Arse #2 launch) that I hadn't shown the photos from last month's comics meetup here on the blog... and he's right. So, enjoy...


[04.02.2012] - 2.30pm: As usual, many people turned up ahead of time.

Before walking into the Feb meetup last month, I noticed a beautiful 60's Mustang parked just outside the pub and I just KNEW it had to be Colin Wilson's. He'd mentioned to me (months ago) that he had realised a life-long dream, said fuck it, and bought himself the musclecar he'd always wanted. I'll let the following photos speak for themselves...




===









Ok... so back to the comics meetup...






Frank Candiloro








Daniel Reed








Jason Franks and I look on in envy...


... as Colin Wilson leaves in his iron chariot.

The next photo was of a cloud of smoke engulfing the street and Colin's fist out of the driver's window... wish I could show it to you, but the photo turned out blurry. Sorry.

So, anyway...








The full moon that evening when I pulled into my driveway.

- Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

2 comments:

David Bird said...

Bobby, your photos of the monthly meets, and other events, have become part of the fabric of the scene in Melbourne. Checking out what catches your eye, your selective focus, compositions, and colours, are one of the small pleasures of life I look forward to.

And yes, that Mustang is a beautiful piece of machinery.

Bobby.N said...

Thanks, David. Its a joy to be involved in this wonderful boom era of Melbourne comics... so taking the photos is both fun, and somehow 'necessary' to me.

As Colin Wilson mentioned to me once, "Your photos are probably going to be one of the few things that document what's been happening in the scene these last years", and so, aside from 'making' comics, it also gives me another thing to feel good about :)

Thanks for drpping by BIG ARSE 2, David. The support was noted. Sorry i didn't get time to chat.

- B.