19 February 2012

The Sticky Zine Fair 2012 - [12.02.2012]

Despite staying up the previous night until 3.30am, getting my book NO MAP, BUT NOT LOST finished for the printer's deadline, I was able to muster the will-power of actually waking up in the late morning to attend the Sticky Institute Zine Fair at the Melbourne Town Hall.


My new toy, the NEX-5n, arrived in the post the day before, so I clicked on my trusty 50mm Rokkor lens, and took it along to the fair...


I sat next to the prolofic, Jason Franks




David Blummenstein and Jo Waite


Frank Candiloro signing for an excited Marta Tesoro








A long-table of Melbourne's finest cartoonists


Trevor Wood and Larry Boxshall


Bernard Caleo was there with his brand new comic, Mongrel 1



Matilda, and James Andre (Milk Shadow Books).


Jase Harper's new comic GUH! #5 was the standout comic at the show (for me anyway)... great stuff.




I picked up some great local comics and things that day... and has an absolute ball.

- Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

No comments: