04 September 2011

August Comics Meet [03.09.11]

As usual, it was a great meetup on Saturday. If you live in Melbourne and comics are in your blood, then you really should come down to these informal get togethers on the first Saturday of each month. Even if you don't know anybody, it's a great way of meeting/talking with like-minded comic book enthusiasts. Here are some photos I took...




Bruce Mutard


Angelo Madrid




Frank Candiloro






David is so cute!


Greg Gates




Jason Franks


Good times.




Philip Bentley, Angelo Madrid and Brendan Hallyday




Me, Bobby.N


It was another BIG meetup. Including those outside, I'm guessing about 30-40 people turned up.






The serious, Paul Bedford.






Comics conversations


Ive


Paul Bedford picking a fight with Colin Wilson. I swear I heard the words, "C'mon then... start me ya c#nt!"


Jason Franks


Colin Wilson




Part of the comics crowd outside.


Colin Wilson and Philip Bently


David Blumenstein


Frank Candiloro


Greg Gates


Harrison Chua and Ben Hutchings.


Another great afternoon of comics, drinking, eating and chatting. Loved it.

The next one is on at 2pm, Saturday 1-October-2011... be there.

-Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

5 comments:

Jason Franks said...

Fuck, I have bad posture.

Also need to brush up on my camera awareness skills. You are like a ninja with that thing!

Bobby.N said...

Few like photos of themselves... why do you think I'm 'behind' the camera :)

I've always liked candid shots. Being able to give a sense of the real mood of the place/time. Never liked those 'posed' photos of weddings where everyone is lined up square for the camera... like a mugshot at a cop station. Bloody dull.

Julia said...

Hi there, I'm wondering if I can use one of your nice pics of Colin Wilson on our website of New Zealand authors we're profiling for this years Frankfurt Book Fair : www.NZatfrankfurt.govt.nz

It's for a profile picture, to go with small bios about New Zealand authors. The photo would be cropped to a circle shape.

I can add a photo credit at the end of the bio. Just let me know if the photo is OK to use, and what the credit should read.

Thanks,
Julia

Julia said...

I'm wondering if I can use your photograph of Colin Wilson for our website that we're updating: www.NZatFrankfurt.govt.nz


It's for a profile picture, to go with small bios about New Zealand authors. The photo would be cropped to a circle shape.

I can add a photo credit at the end of the bio. Just let me know if the photo is OK to use, and what the credit should read.

Thanks,
Julia

Bobby.N said...

Sure, Julia.

Just credit me with: Photo by Bobby.N (www.bobbyn.com)

Thanks.