29 August 2011

Underrated.

I had to head into the city for an errand this morning, but before getting on the train, I packed an old issue of The Comics Journal from my dusty shelf (No.193, which features Seth's interview).

I tell you, they don't make things like this anymore. It's like reading a newspaper devoted entirely to the serious discussion of comic books from a literary standpoint. My favorites are the issues from the 90s and late 80s. So many discussions with seminal authors and their work. Not just soundbite Q&A's, but in depth interviews that often run for 10-25 pages! Brillaint.



You can read most of the back issues on The Comics Journal's website now, though in my opinion, nothing beats reading them in their original yellow-faded magazine state.

-Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

No comments: