12 August 2011

A day in the city...

One of the good things about being unemployed at the moment is that you have a lot of free time to sleep, work out, watch DVDs... and do comics! So today Jason Franks and I organised to meet in the city for a comic work day.


Jason Franks

We got into the city at around 1.45pm and quickly ducked into STCIKY INSTITUTE to say hello to long-time comic'er Aaron Burgess. Remember his awesome ESCAPE and INK series from the early 2000's...? Well, he was up from Tasmania helping out behind the Sticky Institute counter.


Aaron Burgess.


Aaron & Bobby.N


Jason Franks & Aaron

After a nice hello and chat, we left Aaron to work. It was great putting a voice & face to the name of the guy who was responsible for one of the premier Australian comics forums at the time (it's name escapes me right now), and the best anthologies our small scene had at the time.

It wasn't long before Jason and I headed to a nearby foodcourt and set down to work over lunch. It was a great afternoon of chatting, eating, and working on comics. Before I knew it, I glanced at my watch and it was almost 6.00pm! Man time flies when your having fun.


I finished inking another page during our afternoon session.

Well, I seem to have finally gotten a rhythm going in these last weeks. It feels like I have a routine happening now and am getting pages done consistently, though I don't know what'll happen once I get a job. Ah, well... make comics hay while the sun is shining I say :)

-Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

1 comment:

Jason Franks said...

It was fun, Bobby. Next time I'll bring some full sized pages to work on.

-- JF