31 March 2011

Alternate Worlds

Alternate Worlds Comics & Collectibles here in Melbourne has been the single biggest supporter of my DIGESTED series of any store I know... thanks primarily to Larry Boxshall who works in the store (Who is also a member of the famous NonCanonical weekly podcast).

Larry has been passionately championing local comic talent by recognising that there are customers who'd dearly like independant comic books, if only they could see them on shelves... so Larry's been a gem in organising a central shelf in the store to showcase some premier local talent. Check it out...


Bruce Mutard, Matt Emery, Jason Franks, Brendan Hallyday and I are all showcased on a central shelf amongst all the main titles.


He's even written a nice speel under our works to entice buyers.

My books have been selling like hotcakes in the store, and recently I asked Matt Emery how his books were selling, to which he replied, "They're going gangbusters!"

So thanks Larry... you're a champ!

-Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

5 comments:

Ryan Claytor said...

Wow. What a great post. This sounds like this is a store I need to see...if I ever make it "down under."

Enjoying your work, and these posts,

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Frank Candiloro said...

I just recently stocked my comics here (they're on the bottom left corner of the screenshot). The Aussie comics section is impeccably organised, and the staff seem pretty nice. Unfortunately, it's a bit far from where I live so I probably won't be able to go there often.

Kumar said...

In fact, I bought all four issues of DIGESTED at Alternate Worlds a few weeks back precisely because they were displayed in just the right way for me to discover them.

caanantheartboy said...

Hey, Bobby, next time you're in there, can you give old Celadore a mention? I only shopped there Every Week! :P

Kidding!

Alternate Worlds is the best shop in Melbourne for comics, hands down. Catch the Sandringham, hop off at Windsor - and there you are! (Closely followed by the friendly folks at Classic Comics.)

Bobby.N said...

It is the best comics shop in Melbourne... oh, and congrats on the recent Eisner nomination, Caanan. We're all rootin' for ya.