01 May 2010

  • -

It's 1.24am on a Friday night (ok, Saturday morning), and my brain is mash potatoe. Anyway, before I forget, here's a few pics from last weekend's wonderful comics extravaganza that was held at The Wheeler Centre in Melbourne's CBD.



I wore my new 'Cerebus in Chains' t-shirt to the event.


No one could keep their hands off it!

So, off to the Wheeler Centre I went. The Saturday's event, originally $20, became complimentary due to publisher 'Allen & Unwin's' generosity. There were four talks on the day. It was a mouth-watering comics smorgasboard.


Tim McEwan was there.


Along with a packed house.



Bernard Caleo chaired one of the talks discussing comics.


Most notable highlight for me was listening to the words of wisdom from Shaun Tan & Bruce Mutard regarding creating their books. Another interesting guest/speaker was Dylan Horrocks. His talks and experiences in the U.S comics industry were a treat to listen to .

Anyhow, Bernard Caleo wrote in more detail about the weekend. Read about it HERE.

-Bobby.N
www.bobbyn.com

.

2 comments:

Azzamckazza said...

I had to leave before I could get a photo of me giving you a hug for the Gestalt guys. I'll have to wait until Doujicon. Be prepared.

Also - on other insane news : My friend picked up the entire Cerebus run (minus 1 book) for $5.50 this morning. Darebin libraries were selling off their Graphic novels for 50c a pop for some unknown and insane reason.

Bobby.N said...

$5.50??!!!!!

Where... when?...
Oh, I'm bleeding. That's the bargain of the century! Is this library INSANE?

-B.