07 September 2009

  • -

I had my Godson's birthday party the Melbourne Zoo in the morning (Happy B-Day Athan!), which wound up just in time to make me fashionably late to Melbourne's Monthly Comicbook Meetup at 2.30pm. I was greeted at our usual corner table by the regulars..

In the corner of the bar, there was Trev Woods filming Jason Franks for a group of online interviews that should be online at Oz Comics soon. Keep an eye out.


Here's Jason Franks being interviewed

I was interviewed also, but don't let my ugly mug put you off... the other interviews should be good. Some interesting questions and insights of local comicbook authors were asked and answered. Great stuff Trev!

I was only away from the main area for 15-20 minutes, and upon my return the place was packed! I understood what Trev meant when he said, "I got here first and had the best seat at the window and now someone's taken it!"

But who cares!?... this month's meet was packed full of like-minded comic nuts. I'll gladly trade my seat for that.












Yes, you're not seeing things... even the Bernard Caleo attended!


Lots of discussion on comics were had, as well as people's new projects shown...


Bernard looking gobsmacked over some amazing work by Renan Le Bolloc' h. Really great stuff!

MEMORABLE MOMENTS THIS MONTH:
  • The chats with various people
  • Bernard's preview copy of the upcoming 'best of' TANGO' anthology.
  • Trev's filming/interviews... & his funny convention story.
  • The amazing artwork many people brought along. Some wonderful stuff.
Geez, what a fantastic meetup we had this month. For no special reason, the turn out was huge. Next month's meet will be a week-or-so before the Armageddon expo. Make sure you get along.. as I'll be releasing the next issue of DIGESTED. It'll be 60 pages packed full of Bobby.N goodness. I'll be sharing a table with Jason Franks & J. Marc. Schmidt. Along with our own books, we'll be selling books by Trev Woods & Tom Bonin also. Come by and say hello and even a sketch in any book you buy!

-Bobby.N


.

1 comment:

Flores Hayes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.