30 May 2009

  • -

The good news is, I've found a day-job and can now resume finishing the last parts of DIGESTED.02 and be able to actually pay to get it printed for all of your greedy little mits. The not-so-good news is, my new job takes a lot out of my day. I start at 8.30am and finish at 6.00pm. I leave my home for work in darkness and I finish work in darkness. Suffice to say, I only see my house in daylight on weekends. Within the first few weeks of this new gig, I've tried working on my book after work and dinner (and notwithstanding rare moments of success), I've found my brain is putty.

I've resigned myself to the system I used in finishing my previous book WITHHELD, where I'm getting up before my day-job to work on my book. So far, it's been very good. The routine has kicked in, and the weekends are an added novelty of watching my right hand ink a page with sunlight falling on it. Sunlight!

So, here's a sample of one of the last short stories I'm inking before I start the final book construction. Should be about 56-70 pgs when DIGESTED.02 is all put together.

DIGESTED.02 Short Story: Pavlov's Dogs.

Anyone obsessed (or even mildly interested) with comics is welcome to Melbourne's informal monthly gatherings on the first Saturday of each month. We discuss, show work, and generally have a relaxed afternoon in leafy Carlton. Come along.

This month's
MELBOURNE 'COMICS' MEETUP
:
Prince Alfred Hotel
Grattan St, Carlton
Sat-June-6th
2pm - 6pm


See you there.

-Bobby.N

2 comments:

Jason Franks said...

56-70 is a pretty biog range, Bobby. I think you need to look at a different format if it's getting to 70 pages--that's really too big for a saddle stitched book.

I know a lot of people are going to be very excited to see DIGESTED.02, and that certainly includes me.

Seeya at the meet,

-- JF

Bobby.N said...

It's going to be square bound Jase. I already decided on that after I finished DIGESTED.01. Never liked the 'pillowing' effect that short-run (digital) printed comics have. So, yep... this one'll be square bound.

-B.